Check Engine Light Diagnosis
Check Engine Light Diagnosis in Gainesville, GA
Seeing a check engine light pop up on your dashboard can be scary. Thankfully, our certified technicians at Carriage Nissan in Gainesville, Georgia can help you determine the cause. We offer a variety of complimentary services such as a check engine light service to keep our customers safe on the road.
Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On
Ultimately, there are many reasons why your check engine light may be on. Here are some of the most popular:
- Your Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced: This sensor measures the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust system. If you don’t replace it, you will lose fuel economy because you’re burning more fuel than needed. It also can cause long-term damage to your spark plugs and/or your catalytic converter.
- Bad catalytic converter: Your catalytic converter protects the environment from harmful emissions. If it isn’t working well, you will have reduced performance and of course fuel economy. Your car may also run higher in temperature than needed leading to other costly repairs over time.
- Loose gas cap: Your gas cap is responsible for sealing off the fuel system and maintaining pressure within the tank. If it is loose, you will waste fuel.
- Mass airflow sensor needs replacing: This sensor measures the amount of air that goes into the engine in order to determine how much fuel is needed to run the engine the best. A faulty sensor can lead to reduced performance and cause damage to spark plugs.
- You need new plug wires or spark plugs: The spark plug wires deliver the spark to the ignition coil into the spark plug. When they aren’t working, a check engine light will come on.
Free Check Engine Light Service
If your check engine light is on or flashing, it’s time to come in for a car diagnostic check. We can investigate the check engine code error and troubleshoot your problem effectively. Never delay coming in for this check as it can lead to serious problems and also repairs. When you bring your vehicle into Carriage Nissan, we will determine why your light is on and fix the issue immediately.
Your Comfort is Our Goal
While you wait at our Gainesville, Georgia service center, you will enjoy a comfortable waiting area full of vending machines, a complimentary beverage and coffee bar as well as snacks, a children’s play area, flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi, all under one roof. Our Gainesville Georgia dealership also provides a courtesy loaner or transportation shuttle when needed.
Call to Schedule a Service Appointment Today
When your check engine light comes on, it’s important to visit our certified technicians at Carriage Nissan quickly. We are proud to serve all of Gainesville, Oakwood, Sugar Hill, Toccoa, Jefferson, and Cumming Georgia. Call 678-944-8663 today to schedule an appointment with our service department for a check engine light diagnosis.
Why Go to Carriage Nissan for Maintenance?
When you come into Carriage Nissan, your vehicle is serviced with our state-of-the-art service center full of expert technicians that are dedicated to your vehicle’s health and brand. Put our expert service techs to work for you by scheduling a service appointment at Carriage Nissan in Gainesville, GA.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Multi-Point Inspection
- Courtesy Loaners
- Courtesy Transportation Shuttle
- Children’s Play Area
- Complimentary Beverage & Coffee Bar
- Complimentary Snacks
- Online Service Scheduling
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Vending Machines
- Certified Technicians
- Genuine OEM Parts
- Express Service Department
- Comfortable Waiting Area
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Extended Hours
- Saturday Service Hours
- Flat Screen TVs