Holiday Travel Maintenance
Keeping Safe In The Winter A Guide To Winter Car Care
- Tire Inspection: the colder months bring increased frost and more severe weather conditions. Your tires should be inspected to ensure that they are in good condition and have enough tread to handle Toccoa’s winter roads.
- Battery Test and Inspection: electrical issues can be quite hazardous in the winter, and any electrical issues can become more pronounced in colder weather. An inspection and test ensure your battery is capable of handling winter weather in Gainesville.
- Brake Inspection: ice is a common winter road hazard, and your brakes have to be in top condition to handle the hazards of winter driving in Sugar Hill.
- Windshield Crack and Chip Inspection: small chips and cracks can easily expand in colder weather, causing increased damage to your windshield. Be sure to have it inspected and any issues fixed before it gets cold.
- Check Wiper Blades: in the winter, rain can easily become ice and frost and collect on your windshield and present a driving hazard. Having fresh wiper blades ensures you can retain visibility while driving in Cumming, GA.
- Change Washer Fluid: you should have your washer fluid switched out for a winter blend which is designed to help melt ice and frost from your windshield during cold winter mornings in Jefferson.
- HVAC Inspection: your Nissan’s HVAC should be checked for winter comfort and safety while driving as extreme cold can cause a distraction while driving. Be sure to check the heater, seat warmers, steering wheel warmers, and defrost settings.
- Check/Replace Engine Coolant and Antifreeze: your Nissan’s automotive fluids help control internal and engine temperatures during extreme weather conditions and should be checked and replaced (or topped off) if needed.
- Prepare a Roadside Safety Kit: finally, you should be prepared for any issues as being stalled on an Oakwood roadside is far more dangerous in the winter due to potential exposure to more extreme elements.
Finding The Right Shop
When getting your car ready for holiday travel, you choose service shops in the greater Carriage area. At Carriage Nissan, we stand apart from the competition and offer amenities such as fully certified technicians, OEM parts, Saturday service hours, a comfortable waiting area, complimentary loaners, free WiFi, and more. Call us today to learn more and schedule your appointment.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Multi-Point Inspection
- Courtesy Loaners
- Courtesy Transportation Shuttle
- Children’s Play Area
- Complimentary Beverage & Coffee Bar
- Complimentary Snacks
- Online Service Scheduling
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Vending Machines
- Certified Technicians
- Genuine OEM Parts
- Express Service Department
- Comfortable Waiting Area
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Extended Hours
- Saturday Service Hours
- Flat Screen TVs